Who We Are
To be the preferred financial services partner for micro and small entrepreneurs (MSEs) as well as individuals in Tanzania.
To partner with our customers and increase access to specialized financial services on a permanent basis while contributing to wealth creation, improvement of people's living conditions and development of Tanzania's private sector.
- Compliance with the laws and rules in effect;
- Compliance with ethical and professional rules of conduct;
- Compliance with national and international standards and practices for accounting and financial information;
- Respect for microfinance best practices;
- Transparency in all aspects of its business;
- Social responsibility and consumer protection relative to all EFC products and services;
- Independence in the appointment of Directors and their decision making (i.e. democratic action).
EFC was established in 2011 as a deposit taking microfinance company. Over the years it has grown its customer base and network and in 2016 obtained the license to operate as a Microfinance Bank. The bank has both local as well as international shareholders. From this sound and stable basis, the bank is now is position to grow and to geographically expand.